My first day back at work was Thursday, and it's been crazy around here ever since. I get up, rush to get ready while Shane's mom watches Joey (so Shane can stay asleep, icky night shift). Then when I get home it's a quick Hi-here's Joey-he's tired and missed his momma-Love you-bye.
I didn't miss that part one little bit in the past 16 weeks.
It's been nice being home with Joey, not just because I get to be a full-time Mom (I don't like that phrase 'full-time Mom', what kind of mom isn't a full time mom? Just because I'm back at work now doesn't make me a part-time mom, but I can't think of a better phrase at the moment), but also because I actually got to spend time with my husband. About two months after we started dating he got a job on the night shift, and we only see each other on weekends and vacations. But I feel like in the past 16 weeks or so we have been able to reconnect, mostly because I got to see him daily. We've been able to talk about long-range plans for our family, do projects together, go on walks at the dog park. It's been fantastic. And we will be doing that again in just 12 weeks. I've been joking with Shane that this is his vacation from his over-talkative wife. He says that I still call him all the time so it isn't really a break. Haha, honey...
Anyways, we've been pretty busy the past few days. Shane and my parents got me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for my birthday (yeah, birthday was a month ago, but I just now went out to get my present, got it for nearly half off, too!). I've been SO excited to use my new mixer, I made 4 batches of chocolate chip cookies on Friday night (no I didn't bake them all, I froze cookie dough), made my own butter and buttermilk today, along with 2 batches of wheat germ cookies. Those are my favorite. Tomorrow I have big plans of making banana bread and honey wheat bread. We will have to see how cooperative Joey is though.
Side note: my good friend, Becky, is still pregnant. Her due date was the 6th. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a easy delivery and a healthy baby girl!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you made reference to a full-time mom always being a full-time mom!!! (Even if some of us work, we're constantly thinking of our kids.) I prefer the acronyms: SAHM (stay at home mom) and WOHM (work outside the home mom) myself. ;-)
Post a Comment