Oh my word, did you notice it's been nearly a month since I last updated? I didn't know that! What a space case...
We have been busy little beavers over here, visiting grandparents, working a lot, finishing up fall yardwork, and chasing a certain little baby around the house.
Did I tell you he's crawling? Like, all over the place? All the time? Of course, it's still the army crawl, but it gets him where he needs to go. He chases us around the living room, chases the dog, tries to crawl over the cat when shes in his way. And he cruises around furniture all the time! I have to be so careful about what he is pulling himself up on now. He has tried to stand up next to the glider, and oh does he get mad when it moves! And he stands up next to his bookshelf and pulls every last book off that shelf, along with all his puzzles, and then tries to stand on the mess he made. Which, of course, is not stable. So he slips, gets mad, and wants to do it again. But then I just munch on some baby riblets and he forgets all about walking on his toys. It's much more fun to pull on my earrings or hair!
He has started playing games with us, he has learned how to clap and how to play 'So Big!'. The first time he did that I was in Target with Kelly, and we stood there in the middle of the aisle playing So Big over and over. I must have looked like a fool...but my baby is playing games with me! Of course shopping can wait, I am busy yelling 'How big is Joey?'!
Wonder if the security cameras caught that....
He is becoming more of a toddler and less of a baby every day. He is making so many new sounds, dadada, gegege, mamama, and we are having so much fun with him. He loves his bathtime, mealtime, and climb on Daddy time. He loves avocado (eww!) and salmon, peas, potatoes, carrots, corn, and even oatmeal. He can feed himself chunky food, but we are still working on how to use a spoon. And he thinks its funny to feed us toys, food, whatever he can.
AND - he took his first step. All by himself. In front of Momma and Dada and his Great-Grandparents! It was Saturday the 6th, we were at the Lodge at Blueberry Hill for the potluck. Joey was standing there, not hanging on to anything, took one step, and didn't fall over! I don't think he realizes it yet, but he is so close to walking on his own.
Where did my baby go?!?!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment