I think my blog has slipped to the lowest priority in the past few months. I continually fail to update, even though I really do have a lot to talk about. I think I will keep it going though, at least I remember to update about the bigger things in Joey's life so it serves more as a baby book than a blog. Maybe once the holidays are finished I will find more time to post.
This week has been one of those important times to remember. Joey has been somewhat curious about the potty recently, and every now and then he wants to sit and he pretends he is using it properly. But in the past 24 hours I think things have really started to click for him. We have successfully used the potty 4 times! And he is so proud of himself, even had to wake Shane up this morning to say 'Daddy! Pee-pee, potty, Joe!' (yes, his words exactly). I think this has a lot to do with Hunter, the 5-year old who is spending a few hours at our house after school every day. Joey thinks he is a lot of fun, except when they both want to play with the same toy. Let's just say we are getting a crash course in sharing.
I don't think we are going to push the potty training thing right now. He is really interested and I sure won't keep him from using it, but I think it is more of a novelty than a real interest in having dry pants.
We are looking forward to Christmas here, Shane is off work for two full weeks and Hunter will be back at his house for the school break. Our time will be filled with visiting family and friends, but I think it will be more restful than the past few weeks have been.
I hope all is well with those of you that I haven't spoken to in awhile. And in case I don't remember to post again before the 25th, Keep warm and have a very Merry Christmas!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's exciting! You never know, maybe he will be one of those who potty trains early. Sammy had a time where he got excited about the potty, too (even did #2 and got prizes for it, which was very exciting for him) but unfortunately for us, it was just a phase. Over Christmas vacation, I'm going to seriously tackle potty training and we'll see how it goes.
On another note, it sounds like he's really starting to talk now, if he's putting words together in a sentence like that! That's very exciting, too!
Post a Comment