Sorry to leave you all hanging, we left on vacation last week and I didn’t really want the whole internet to know that our house would be empty for a period of time!
I’m heading back to my old job soon, just 4 hours a day though. My good friend and coworker is due with her baby shortly after Labor Day, so I will be filling in for her during maternity leave. I am happy to be back at my old job, I like the people I work with, and I enjoy the work. But I am a bit bummed not to be home with Joey full time for awhile. I was thinking about how much he will change in the next 12 weeks, crawling, walking, talking. It’s a very exciting time! But I think the extra cash flow right before the holidays (and Tadpole’s first birthday) will be very helpful.
Speaking of crawling, while we were in New York, Joey started getting his little tush lifted into the air. I’m told that I have just a week or two before he figures out this crawling thing. I really better start baby proofing my house! And, he started babbling. Yes, I know he has always been vocal (LOUD), but he started ‘ma-ma-ma-ma’ and ‘a-ba-a-ba’. Soon he will be chattering my ear off I’m sure.
My sink is currently full of 4 gallons of ripe tomatoes, and this is harvest number 2 so far. I think I have at least 8 more gallons ripening on the vine out there. We also harvested our three early pumpkins; they are now cooked, mashed, and frozen into 2 cup baggies. I have enough pumpkin for 13 pies, anyone hungry? And the pumpkin vine is not done producing for the year yet! I really hope we still get a pumpkin for Joey for Halloween, that’s the whole reason we planted the darn thing.
I also have enough basil pesto, oregano pesto, and various other herbs to start my own spice company. I better get to work, I’ve got a lot to do!!
P.S. Thanks to Sam and Kelly for taking care of Cleo and our garden while we were gone! MUCH appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment