I worry that I'm not doing this right, that I should somehow be able to prevent the tantrums, or at least minimize the volume of a tantrum. We've been trying time-outs, but I don't think he understands that quite yet. I keep trying though, and hope he catches on soon. At least now he seems to feel a little bad when he hits or hurts mommy, and he comes to give me a hug. I think all these tantrums have made me feel a little less capable, and a little less successful as a mom. I'm sure I'm not the first nor the last parent that will feel that way, but its a lot harder that I expected it to be.
*****
Both Shane and I have put on quite a bit of weight lately, and we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle by eating better and exercising more. I have been walking a lot, but Shane isn't really a walker. So we both recently bought new bikes, with a lot of help from both of our parents, and we have a bike trailer for Joey to ride in. So far, the two of us have put on about 30 miles biking around town. Most of our area is relatively flat, except for a few really painful hills. Joey seems to really enjoy the trailer, we usually bike 4 or 5 miles, then stop at a park to rest, and bike home. During that time Joey almost always falls asleep. We also have some storage room on the bike trailer and we have been biking to the grocery store rather than using a car. It's only a mile away, and so far the trips have gone well! Not only are we burning calories, but we are saving some pennies by not using gas. It makes my inner hippie-self so happy!
*****
Our dreams of a big garden at my mother-in-laws are slowly being crushed, by golfball sized hail. That garden has been replanted twice now due to hailstorms, and none of our cucumbers have sprouted so we replanted those as well. I think if we get wiped out again, we should just call it quits.
Both Shane and I have put on quite a bit of weight lately, and we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle by eating better and exercising more. I have been walking a lot, but Shane isn't really a walker. So we both recently bought new bikes, with a lot of help from both of our parents, and we have a bike trailer for Joey to ride in. So far, the two of us have put on about 30 miles biking around town. Most of our area is relatively flat, except for a few really painful hills. Joey seems to really enjoy the trailer, we usually bike 4 or 5 miles, then stop at a park to rest, and bike home. During that time Joey almost always falls asleep. We also have some storage room on the bike trailer and we have been biking to the grocery store rather than using a car. It's only a mile away, and so far the trips have gone well! Not only are we burning calories, but we are saving some pennies by not using gas. It makes my inner hippie-self so happy!
*****
Our dreams of a big garden at my mother-in-laws are slowly being crushed, by golfball sized hail. That garden has been replanted twice now due to hailstorms, and none of our cucumbers have sprouted so we replanted those as well. I think if we get wiped out again, we should just call it quits.
2 comments:
1) Sammy seemed to start the terrible twos at about 1 1/2, as well. But - if it makes you feel better - now, at almost 2 1/2, we seem to be over the worst of it. So, knock-on-wood-and-cross-fingers-and-toes, it *only* lasts about a year. And you will develop a lot of coping mechanisms & strategies over that year. I feel for you, though.
2) I so wish that we could bike to the store! But with the two kids in the trailer, there's no room left over for groceries. And the store is more like 4 miles away, with no sidewalks and on fairly busy roads, so I don't feel safe biking those roads with the kids. But I'm so glad you guys can do it! Win-win: losing weight & saving gas.
3) Bummer about the garden. :-( We haven't had any hail, but soooo much rain that everything is soggy and I can't weed because of all the mud. My cukes are looking pretty poorly, too, but everything else seems to be surviving, albeit dwarfed by weeds.
Oh, and did you see that Rockstar Mommy is no longer blogging?
Post a Comment