It's snowing again. I'm sitting at the kitchen table trying to plan our vegetable garden, and we are supposed to get six stinkin inches of snow today.
Figures.
I've really been feeling the winter blues lately. Haven't been able to get myself motivated enough to keep up with any of my hobbies or keep up with my workout. I was doing really well for about two weeks on the 30 Day Shred, and I lost 6 pounds, but now I feel so blah that it's hard to do anything. And I bet I put those 6 pounds back on, but I'm afraid to hop on the scale.
Joe, on the other hand, seems to have an endless supply of energy. Some days he just starts running around the living room, and when I ask him what he is doing, he just says 'I'm runnin'. I can hardly get my bum off the couch, but my kid is running laps! Is this what the rest of my parenting life will be like? Probably!
He is picking up new words every day, and some of the phrases he says are adorable. I want to document some of them just for memories sake.
"Boosh Bus" is School Bus
"Money Money Mommy" is Funny Funny, Mommy!
"Ham Poop" is Ham Soup (also 'Iken poop, tatato poop)
"Daddy Own Snow!" was said while Shane was snowblowing the neighbors drive, apparently he should stay in his own snow
"boomy" depends on the context, either he just fell down, something else fell down, or he is saying 'excuse me' because he tooted
"woki pip"means he would like more broccoli and dip, 'pease'
"hot dodo" is Hot Cocoa, which is always nice after a sledding day
"baby abby" is Baby Aubrey, Kelly's beautiful baby girl! Joey is more than a little infatuated with her. All babies and dolls are now 'baby abby', and they all need to be fed and burped apparently.
But the best ones have to be "Mommy Pretty" and "Love you Mommy" both of those just melt my heart.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you on the winter blahs. Isn't seven months of this ENOUGH ALREADY? Good god.
The "Ham Poop" phrase reminded me of something maybe I already told you - when my cousin was little, he used to say "soup" like "poop", too. My uncle tried to correct him by saying, "No, it's ssssssssoup." My cousin thought for a minute, then said, "Ssssssssssss...poop!" Too funny!
I just love these great things the kids come up with! My favorite Sammy phrase right now is part of the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". You know how it goes, "root, root, root for the hometeam"? Well, in his version it's "Woof, woof, woof for the hometeam." It never fails to crack me up!
I agree, the "love yous" are the best, though.
Post a Comment