I could start by saying that we've been busy, and therefore too busy to post anything remotely interesting about Joey or us. But honestly, I've just been laying around the house not doing much. I am just in a depressed funk and haven't been in the mood to post anything upbeat. And really, who wants to come here and read a bummed out post about crud? I know it's just a bad case of cabin fever/economy worries, and it too will pass.
I do have something happy to talk about today though! We have not been pushing potty training quite yet, mostly because I don't think I'm ready to handle that. But on Monday, Joey did his first #2 on the potty! That was a BIG DEAL, and since then, he has been trying hard to tell me when he needs to go, but each time we are about 30 seconds too late and we don't quite make it. But it's a step in the right direction! I am hoping that this continues, and that he doesn't backtrack when Aubrey is here full time.
Aubrey is here today, and will be here at least every Thursday for now. She is such a sweet little baby, and Kel is so lucky to be able to bring her into work with her during the rest of the week. I wish I would have been able to do that with Joey! Although I bet it tends to distract a bit. Anyways, townhomes are starting to sell again and they are getting a little too busy to have a cute baby in the office every day of the week. Kel works with her parents and I think the new Grandma and Grandpa are very happy to have Aubrey in the office everyday, but it's distracting for them too. I'm happy with how this is starting, it gives me a chance to adjust to having a 7-week old in the house and I think it will be easier on Joey. I have Hunter this week too, so our house is a little chaotic today with a 6 year old, 2 year old, and 7 week old! I'm starting to re-think my plan of having three kids of my own...ha, yeah right! I still want 3!
Now for the sad part of this post. Shane's workplace has decided to do rolling layoffs for the remainder of the year. This means he will not be working all of July, September, and November. And they haven't ruled out August yet. With such a huge cut in our finances, I started looking for a part time job, and I was lucky enough to find one quickly! I will be working at a small farmstand this summer in the evenings and on weekends. I am really looking forward to it, although I know I will be pretty worn out between Aubrey/Joey during the day and an evening job. But it really is a good fit for me. I've always disliked being stuck indoors, and for this job I will be able to at least enjoy the weather while working. Also, I love to garden and help people, and in the spring I will be selling plants, in the summer I will be selling produce, and pumkins/gourds in the fall. It really seems like a good fit for me, and I feel like I am taking some of the stress off Shane's shoulders. He seems to be kind of torn on how he feels about these layoffs. We both know it will be a very tough year for us, but he is so excited to be able to spend more time with Joey during the summer and fall months. He has already talked about how he wants to go to the free beaches as often as possible, and how he is looking forward to biking with Joey in the Burley to parks in our area. I think it will be good for all of us to have him around more often.
I had better wrap this up - the boys are getting ansy for their lunch and Aubrey should be waking up soon! I you are enjoying the spring weather!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Lots of changes..some good, some not-so-good. I've been meaning to email you since we haven't talked in so long - I'm still going to do that sometime soon. I swear.
So sorry to hear about Shane's work, but I'm glad you found a job that you will enjoy! I agree, you are going to be very tired, but at least it's for a limited amount of time. Those months will fly by quickly. When will you start?
I agree, Kelly is so lucky to be able to take Aubrey to work with her. I remember reading an article in the paper awhile back about another company that allowed that, until babies were a year old or something like that. What an amazing thing that would be - makes the transition to the workplace so much easier. It's so much easier to leave the kids behind while you go to work when they're older, than it is when they're teeny tiny and so vulnerable.
And least but definitely not least - yay! on Joey's potty-training progress! Definitely a step in the right direction & hopefully it keeps up!
Post a Comment