After nearly 6 months without it, I am finally back online with a new (used) computer!
So much has happened around here since I last updated my blog. I now take care of Aubrey three days a week, and she is such a joy to have around. Not that having a second child in the house doesn't make things much more difficult, like when they both have the grouchies, but it is well worth it. She is so fun to play with and to teach, there are so many things she is learning to do right now, and I think she has helped me teach Joey how to be a part-time big brother. I had hoped by now to have our own second child here or at least on the way, but that is something that is completely out of our control. Aubrey has filled that void within my heart just a bit, and I wouldn't change a thing, not even the bad I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out days.
I am (or will be again) working at the garden market. It has been such a wonderful job! I am so lucky to be able to work at a job I love, even if it is only for 6 months out of the year. Joey came with me to work quite a bit last summer, he would help me water the plants, or dead-head flowers, or just follow me and Sarah around while we worked. Every day when I came home he would ask 'bring home flowers for me, Mommy?'. I would always try to save some of the not-so-dead flowers so he could have his own tiny vase with flowers in the house. And the produce was wonderful! Being able to have locally grown, healthy vegetables is just so nice. And let me tell you, the FLAVORS! Oh my goodness, you just can't buy those flavors in the produce section of your grocery store! My mouth is just watering thinking of the strawberries....oh my gosh the fresh tomatoes...*sigh*
I have much more to talk about, but I had better save those ideas for more posts...maybe then I will post more frequently!!
And here is an adorable photo of Joey and Aubrey...just cause you all (all? is anyone even reading my lame blog anymore?) haven't seen a photo in awhile!!
No comments:
Post a Comment