Friday, February 19, 2010

Trains, trains, trains...

Shane is on an ice fishing trip with the guys for the weekend. So I am at home with Joey all weekend, and look what I get to do!!


TRAINS!

Joey is more than a little enthralled by Thomas and his friends. Whenever you ask him what he wants to play, the answer is always the same, 'drive choo-choos!'. He even has the 'Thomas Lingo' down pat, his trains puff their way to whatever it is they are doing, they whoosh by each other, they chug by, they shunt troublesome trucks, and break couplers when they go to fast. They also fall in the mud at every opportunity it seems...



That's Hiro, stuck in the mud


Oh! But here comes Gordon! He's a big strong engine, he will come help you, Hiro!
(yes, this is the way my 3 year old talks when playing trains...)



Look! They are working together to get Hiro back on the line. 'Thanks, Gordon!' says Hiro.



And now Hiro can whoosh away on his line, and Gordon is going to go back to the sheds. (did you notice we're even wearing our favorite train shirt? Obsessed child, I tell you...)



Oh, but Hiro ran out of coal, water, and gas (YOU try explaining steam trains to a 3 year old, apparently everything needs gas to go). He's stopped at the coal hopper, and taking a rest, he's all puffed out. Sometimes, they need to refill their cars full of vegetables too, because those are good for you. Except 'vegetables' sounds more like 'water buffalos' when said by Joey.

Now, repeat that scenerio about 5 times in 30 min, and you begin to understand what our day is like.

Princess Cleopatra thinks these trains are getting out of control...


Somewhat related, I found this fabric at Lynn's quilt shop, it was too perfect for Joey not to buy a yard of it. I didn't want to cut it up for a quilt, so I just put a fleece back on it and, ta-da!, we have a train blanket. He now has to have his train blanket to keep him warm while he watches his Thomas shows. Over and over and over...

1 comment:

Becky said...

The blanket is perfect! So cute. I think the St. Croix trains start running in May; you'll definitely have to try to take him there sometime. I bet he will LOVE that. The only problem might be the gift shop at the end...you'll probably have to tear him away from there. :-)