Tadpole loves to be held, and rocked to sleep. That's all fine and good, it's nice to have some cuddle time with him. But once I try to put him down in his co-sleeper or swing, his eyes pop right open and he gives me this look like 'Whatcha tryin to do, Mom? You can't put me down!'. (Of course, he doesn't do that for daddy...he stays asleep for daddy!) So I would spend his entire nap time bouncing on the balance ball, holding him, and staring at my messy house that I couldn't clean.
Then I heard about the Moby Wrap, it's 6 yards of fabric, and you wrap/tie in in certain ways to hold your baby. Tadpole loves it! It's like being all swaddled up on my tummy, he's nice and cozy, can hear my heartbeat, and I have TWO FREE HANDS!!! The first day I had it, Tadpole fell asleep within minutes, and I got more done in one naptime than I usually get done in a whole week. Plus, he doesn't wake up for anything! I can bang pots and pans in the sink, and he sleeps right through it.
We've been using it for a week now, and I've gotten in the habit of singing him a lullaby to relax him, and he's started nodding off without the binky. Which is also fantastic, one less habit to break later! Although, we will have to break this napping-in-the-moby habit at some point.
Apparently Tadpole really likes it when I sing to him. He calms right down, and recently he's started 'singing' with me. It's a long, drawn-out coo, but he only does it when I'm singing 'Too-ra-loo'. It's adorable.
Anyways, here is a photo of me and Tadpole all wrapped up in the Moby. You can bet I'm bringing this thing to Easter!
Btw - The wet spot around his head is all drool from him trying to eat the Moby. I think he's teething.


I didn't realize I had the comments turned off. You can all comment now, let me know if you stopped by!
Then I heard about the Moby Wrap, it's 6 yards of fabric, and you wrap/tie in in certain ways to hold your baby. Tadpole loves it! It's like being all swaddled up on my tummy, he's nice and cozy, can hear my heartbeat, and I have TWO FREE HANDS!!! The first day I had it, Tadpole fell asleep within minutes, and I got more done in one naptime than I usually get done in a whole week. Plus, he doesn't wake up for anything! I can bang pots and pans in the sink, and he sleeps right through it.
We've been using it for a week now, and I've gotten in the habit of singing him a lullaby to relax him, and he's started nodding off without the binky. Which is also fantastic, one less habit to break later! Although, we will have to break this napping-in-the-moby habit at some point.
Apparently Tadpole really likes it when I sing to him. He calms right down, and recently he's started 'singing' with me. It's a long, drawn-out coo, but he only does it when I'm singing 'Too-ra-loo'. It's adorable.
Anyways, here is a photo of me and Tadpole all wrapped up in the Moby. You can bet I'm bringing this thing to Easter!
Btw - The wet spot around his head is all drool from him trying to eat the Moby. I think he's teething.


I didn't realize I had the comments turned off. You can all comment now, let me know if you stopped by!
2 comments:
Yay! Adorable baby :) I have a cute little nephew!
Of course, I also have to tell you that you look like a kangaroo with that things - especially since you named him Joey! Still, I'm glad you found a solution to the napping problem :)
Mobys are an awesome invention! We couldn't have lived through the first few months without ours. Joey looks so comfy, all snuggled in close to mama.
Post a Comment