Thursday, April 12, 2007

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas..."

I think most everyone knows how crazy I am about Christmas. This last fall I started listening to Christmas music shortly after Halloween. Usually I don’t start quite that early, but I was just a little excited for the holiday since it was Tadpole’s due date. I always sing along with the songs, not usually in the company of others, but I’m sure he heard a lot of Christmas songs those last few months in the womb.

Last night he was a bit wound up from trying to figure out this rolling over thing, so I was carrying him in the Moby to relax him and get ready for bed. I was quickly tiring of singing him the same 4 lullabies over and over, and the only other songs I know the words to are Christmas songs. So I popped in one of my favorite Christmas cd’s and sang to him for nearly an hour. He loved it, and settled right down.

I wonder just how much he remembers from being in my tummy. When we brought him home from the hospital he would jump at the littlest noise, but he would sleep right through the dogs barking. Maybe he recognized their barks, and even the holiday music. I would like to think so, anyways.

I was thinking about how huge I was at Christmas last year, it was the last time I saw most of my family up until Sunday. Looking at the photos from then, no wonder my feet hurt all the time! Below is a photo of my and my sister on Christmas day, 3 days before Tadpole was born. (now compare that to the moby photo...wow I was swollen those last few days!) I was fresh out of the hospital from a failed induction, and those gray yoga pants were just about the only thing that still fit. I don’t really look so great, but going to my families Christmas celebration made my day. I look forward to it all year long. I can’t wait until next year when Tadpole gets to join in the fun. Listening to holiday music just put me in the mood!

Only 256 days to go…

No comments: