Monday, June 25, 2007

Firsts

We spent this past weekend visiting with my grandparents up north. Shane and I got to do some fishing with Grandpa, and Joey got to spend some playtime with his great-grandparents. He thinks Great-grandpa is pretty funny with all the goofy noises he makes!

We had a wonderful time, and Joey did pretty good. He is cutting his top teeth and not sleeping well, but he was still in a decent mood. I think being in a different place affected him too. So far, now that he is in his normal bed at home, he has been asleep for 10 hours - and still counting. Maybe he finally cut one of those top teeth, or it's just easier for him to sleep in a familiar place. Who knows, I'm just happy he is sleeping!

Cleo apparently had a great time while we were gone. There was a dead mouse near her litter box when we got home, and she has been strutting around ever since. I'm hoping this mouse was accidentally shut in when Shane put those boards up to keep the chipmunk out (who is now living in our garage, by the way). At least I know she is a good mouser, I guess.

Joey had a lot of firsts this weekend, first boat ride, first time swimming in the lake, first time eating peas. And of course, I have photos of everything!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my God, he's such a chunk! look at those legs!

and he looks so proud of himself for getting covered in peas! Has he got peas in his hair in that picture?