And yes, you read that right, 2 kids. I have been watching little Olivia for the past 3 weeks. She's 6 months old, but since she is a premie baby, she's only at about a 4-month old level. I was so excited about having another little baby in the house, and being able to make a little extra cash, too! But it just isn't going well. Olivia is a great baby, but Joey is not adjusting well, and having an infant is a lot harder than I remember! Plus, I think I am just not ready to have two to care for. I have been looking forward to spending so much time with Shane and Joey this summer, and suddenly I am busy feeding, burping, and playing with a baby. I just didn't think this through before agreeing to be her caregiver. This is the first summer that Joey is big enough to spend oodles of time outdoors, at the park, the pool, on walks, and in the garden. I don't want to miss out on all that. But of course, Olivia has already cooed her way into my heart and I am going to miss her a lot. She really is a sweet and easy baby to care for. But it doesn't help that Joey is jealous and doesn't understand the term 'gentle' yet. Now I know what to work on before we have a second baby!
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather on Sunday for Mothers Day. Shane made me pancakes and sausage for breakfast and let me sleep in, too! Then we spent the day outside planting some of our garden. We got the potatoes, onions, and garlic in the ground, but it's been so cold this month that we haven't been able to plant any of our seedlings yet, and they are all dying off in their flats . Shane will be tilling up part of his mom's yard for our big garden this weekend, and hopefully we can get the cucumbers, beans, and peas planted. I think the tomatoes and peppers will have to wait a bit yet.
Darnit, that didn't last long. Olivia is up so I better end this post!
Joey wants to be a baby, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment