Monday, September 22, 2008

Winding down

Things are briefly calming down around here, the gardens are nearly finished, not a lot of yard work to do at the moment, and we aren't quite geared up to start all our holiday projects/shopping yet.

I bet half of you just gasped. Just 93 days left before Christmas, which means only 95 days until my baby boy turns two. Now THAT is scary!

We are celebrating Joey's second birthday this weekend with my dad's side of the family. There are so many of us we usually celebrate birthdays by seasons, this month it's fall and winter. I had completely forgotten about it until an aunt of mine asked what he would like as a gift. That kinda threw me for a loop! I mean, I've thought a little about planning his second birthday party, but it seems so far away I haven't given it much attention. I'm not quite sure what day to have a party for his little friends, and what I should do as he gets older to make the day special for him. In our house when it's your birthday you get to pick the meals and it's kind of a 'spoil me!' day. But with his birthday right in the busiest holiday week of the year, I worry that we won't always remember to do that. Or that we will be visiting family and won't be able to. I want to give him his own special day, just like any other kid born any other month would have. My best friend is a Christmas baby, and she loves having her birthday on Christmas. But I know most people who have their birthday near a holiday hate it. I'm hoping Joey views it more like Kelly. I think keeping his birthday gifts separate from Christmas gifts, and having a regular non-holiday party for him will help.

Now I'm feeling a little more anxious about the holidays. Did you know there are only 93 more shopping days until Christmas?!? I had better get shopping!

No comments: