Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

What a weekend. I am writing this post at 10pm on Sunday night while on the way home from Kel-Bel's cabin. It’s a beautiful place and we had a wonderful time. We spent the weekend with two of our favorite couples, and little Beaner. She just turned fourteen months old and she has quite the personality! She is a very quiet and thoughtful baby, but very determined to get her way. Maybe all fourteen month olds are like that, though. We were all pleasantly surprised at how well Joey and Beaner did up north, considering they are both teething. Granted, we had our rough patches and troublesome nap times, but it went much better than expected. We brought our two dogs with us, and J-Go brought their dog as well. Kel’s mom was very nice and allowed us to have them in the house. They were a pain, but having them with us also went better than I could have hoped for. My boys love the lake, Bran just can’t stop swimming! I don’t have a clue what he is swimming for, but it’s kinda nice, actually. He wears himself out pretty well!

I mentioned teething earlier; Joey actually got his very first tooth this weekend! It’s a sharp little thing, and I’ve only seen it once. But I sure can FEEL it! He gnaws on my finger every time I try to feel it.

It was nice to spend time with two of my closest girlfriends this weekend. We weren’t able to gab as much as usual because we are chasing after kids now, but we still had some much needed girl time. It was just nice to gossip, talk about babies, vent about husbands, laugh, and relax. It’s interesting how our friendship has changed and grown as we have gotten older. When we first met we were in college and would go clubbing or dancing. Our Memorial Day Weekend was spent at X-Fest or some other party. Now we are all married, two of us have kids, and our time together is mellow, but no less fun. I loved the ‘good old days’ of bar hopping and dancing. And part of me misses those times. But I feel like the stage of life we are at now is so much better than that. We are starting families, we have wonderful husbands, and our friendship has grown and strengthened. I feel closer to my girlfriends now than I ever did while in college.

Kel-Bel and J-Go, I treasure your friendship! =)

No comments: