Bad News – it was off the bathroom countertop.
He’s ok, he has quite the bruise on his forehead, and my nerves are a little frazzled, but he’s fine. We have been in the habit of laying him on the counter while we ‘use the facilities’, I don’t know why we didn’t just lay him on the floor, maybe because I think the bathroom floor is gross, no matter how many times I clean it! But this time he rolled right off and landed face down on the tile floor. I was the only one home at the time and I panicked. He started screaming right away, and I could see the lump forming less than 30 seconds after I had picked him up. I dialed 911, thinking my baby has a broken nose, or severe bleeding into his brain. The sheriff arrived within a minute or two, then the ambulance showed up. The paramedics said that Joey will be fine, but is going to get a beautiful bruise. Shane came home from work, we went to urgent care, and they sent us down to the hospital for a scan of Joey’s head just to make sure there weren’t any fractures. So we spent our entire Friday evening at the hospital. What a way to start out the weekend. At least he’s ok.
On a happier note, Joey met his Great-Great Grandma on Saturday. It was wonderful to visit with her, she moved into a new apartment (assisted living), and it’s a great place! She has it set up just like her house, so you feel right at home. I think she really enjoys it there. We chatted, took photos, talked about cooking, and took her out for lunch. All in all, it was a fantastic afternoon.
Sunday was my very first Mother’s Day. Shane and Joey brought home a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers, and the dogs got me a card. I spent most of the day cooking, but I enjoy cooking, so it was fantastic. I made my first strawberry pie, strawberry-rhubarb jam, blueberry muffins, and smoked ribs on the smoker.
Here are some photos from yesterday of Joey’s beautiful bruise. Poor guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment