On Friday, we had some errands to run here in town. Quick trip to the grocery and post office. When we left, I mentioned to Shane that my car sounded funny, like a window was open or something. We didn't think much of it at the time, but on our way back from the grocery, I noticed the steering was pulling to the right, and my car felt crooked. Of course, we had a flat. We were very lucky with the timing, only a mile or two from home, I had Shane with me, and we were able to pull into the Catholic church parking lot. The stinky part, Joey was not ok with staying in his car seat, it was snowing outside so I couldn't just let him walk around with me, and we had bags of groceries piled on top of the spare tire. So I took Joey into the church to stay warm. Ok, honestly, it's because I was driving Shane crazy with all my questions, and if I want to get home, I really shouldn't peck at him when he is jacking up my car. Otherwise, he might make me walk.
ANYWAYS
Of course, it just happens to be Good Friday, and although I am a Christian, I felt a bit out of place in a Catholic church. Especially since they were holding Good Friday services. I am more than a bit confused about what goes on during a Catholic service, but I had my hands full trying to keep Joey quiet. I didn't really have the chance to observe or anything. And of course, Joey just loves hearing his own voice. And there were candles that he had to tell me about, and people, and lights, and oh my goodness, there were even FANS! MOM! Did you see the FAN! It's ON! OH MY GOSH! (and yes, he really does sound like that. You should hear him in Menards in the lighting section)
So anyways, we left the church and went back outside to take my chances with Shane. Luckily by this time he had the tire off and the spare was on quickly and we hopped on home.
And I didn't have to walk, either.
Here are some egg-hunting photos from Easter morning. Jo-jo-potato had a lot of fun hunting for eggs in the living room.

No comments:
Post a Comment