I think winter is on it's way out. It has been warm enough this past week for us to get outside and play a bit. And thank goodness for that, I am going a little stir-crazy, trying to come up with new and fun things to do inside with a 14-month old. Although we can only really play in the driveway or on the deck, since the piles of snow have not quite melted away. Joe has had a blast walking around outside, playing with little piles of snow, and helping his Papa grill. I think Shane was going through grill-withdrawal, he was so excited to get it fired up for some steak and chops this weekend.
I was thrilled to get out walking again. I lost a lot of weight last summer by walking nearly every day, and I am so close to my goal that I just might make it this year! I was a little worried about how Joey would do in the stroller, now that he is able to walk around by himself. But he surprised me, and was happy to just chill out and listen to me babble about all the things we passed by. He was very excited every time a truck came around, he does this 'O' face, waves his arms around pointing, all while yelling 'oh oh oh oh!'. It really is adorable! We were out talking with the neighbors when the school bus went by, they couldn't get enough of Joey's excited noises.
Last week we got together with Becky and her two little ones at an indoor playground. She's posted a couple photos of the kids on her blog here. It's so fun to spend time with her, we are a lot alike, and our boys are only a year apart. They look the same age though, Joey is such a linebacker he looks twice his age! I wish we lived closer so we could get together more often, but honestly, with three kids between the two of us, getting together would be difficult even if she lived next door!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right back at ya! We had fun, too. We'll have to try it again sometime, but like you said - it can be a bit of a challenge with the three kids! Someone's always bound to be out-of-sorts. :-P
Post a Comment