Monday, July 28, 2008

Monkeys and Potatoes

I am finally able to tell everyone the exciting news! Our close friends, Sam and Kelly, are pregnant with their first baby! Lil' Monkey (Joey was Tadpole, this one is lil' monkey) is due to arrive around February 21, and Kelly is doing fantastic. I am thrilled that there will be another baby around, and in a few years Joey and Monkey will (hopefully!) be great friends. I've been trying really hard not to be one of those moms that drive pregnant women nuts. You know, the one who is always saying 'you should deliver this way' or 'my labor was terrible and lasted forever!' or 'delivery is easy, I popped my kids out in 2 hours flat!'. Or always asking 'How are you feeling?'. That is the last thing a pregnant woman wants to hear when she's 8 months pregnant. I don't think I'm doing such a great job so far, but darnit, I'm trying to keep my mouth shut!

In other news...

We dug up our potatoes this past weekend. We had planted only 12 plants, hoping we would get two or three from each plant. Last year we hardly had a dozen potatoes, but this year we have nearly 20lbs of potatoes! Joey was a great help cleaning them up, he had a lot of fun dropping them in the bucket for me.



1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow, that's exciting! Tell Sam & Kelly "congratulations" from me!

Sounds like you'll be eating potatoes for the next few months...yum...