We had Joey's 18 month appointment on Monday, I can't believe he is that old already! He grew only half an inch in the past three months, and is now just over 34" tall (95%). And you can tell he is an active, running toddler, because he didn't even gain a full pound in the past three months. At 29 lbs, he is now in the 75% for weight. He has never been that low on the charts, and I am so happy! I worry that I overfeed him, but apparently he is doing just great. He has a rather large head though. Well, we knew that already, but I guess it grew a lot in the past three months, and instead of following a nice growth curve on the charts it is now a spike. So the doc wants us to come back in September to measure his head again, make sure it is not continuing to grow too fast. He didn't seem too concerned about it, and neither am I. But I still have that nagging 'What If' in the back of my mind, and I can't seem to calm that irrational fear that something might be wrong. But, I don't think it's anything to worry about, and worrying about it between now and September won't help any anyways.
Overall though, Joey is a healthy happy boy! Even with two skinned knees.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sammy has always had a big head, too. My theory is, they need big heads to contain all those brains! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about at all. :-)
Post a Comment