I'm finally getting around to uploading the hundreds of photos we took over the past two weeks. We have been so busy with various Christmas celebrations, birthdays, and New Years that I haven't taken the time to blog. We have tons of wonderful toys and gifts to somehow fit into our house, I keep thinking that we need 3 more kids just to utilize it all (Shane doesn't agree, so don't get your hopes up, Grandmas ;-)
We spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family, aunts, uncles, cousins, all 26 of us. In short, it was a crazy, wonderful day. Joey did ok, he was a bit overwhelmed with the people, but still managed to nap and be generally cute. He was showered with love and tons of gifts (thank you!) and we had to open most of them for him. He enjoyed ripping off the paper of about one gift, and then would want to stuff it in a box, I think that's pretty normal though, next year he will be much more interested in Christmas. He spent a lot of time clinging to either myself or Shane, I felt really bad because I thought he was just overheated from his warm clothes and all the people, but he really had a fever. Poor guy was sick both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm not sure if it was the last gasp of this head cold he's had all month, or if it was caused by his first molar coming in. Either way, he is a much healthier guy now.

My two handsome guys
Christmas Day was just us in the morning, then we had Shane's family at our house. We couldn't have asked for a more picturesque day, light snow falling, Christmas lights, and the Yule Log 2008 on tv (yep, we had that on ALL DAY in the background, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside). I was able to use my fine china and silver for the first time, and I even got all the food to turn out. Joey was doing a little better about opening his presents that day, but still didn't really seem to care much.

Joey really liked the ribbons
We spent the day after Christmas with my parents at their house (such a busy week!). Joey was feeling much better by then and was back to his charming self. He spent a lot of time playing with the wrapping paper and his uncle Bryan, and trying to pick on my sister's kitty, Hermes. Amy is almost done with her masters in Library Science, hopefully she is able to find a job closer to home and we will be able to see her more often!

Nana and Joey
Our busy week didn't stop there, Joey turned one on Friday, and we had a small-ish party for him on Saturday. It ended up being a lot crazier than I had expected, but I know all the kids had fun! The shrieking kinda gave it away. My parents gave him cardboard building blocks, they are just like the ones that Amy and I used to play with at Grandma Betty's house when we were little. The older kids had fun building walls and letting the younger ones knock them down. And, of course, there was Joey's first cake. I try really hard to keep all his food healthy and not give him sugar, but it was his birthday, and the sugar-free, allergen-free, healthy cake I had made tasted terrible. So he went to town with a chocolate covered, sugar filled, chocolate cake. And oh my word did he have a sugar rush afterwards! He didn't quite know what to do at first, just kinda poked at the cake a bit. But he soon figured it out and had cake everywhere!

Hmmm...what IS this stuff?

Tastes pretty good!

Wheee! sugar rush!
The best part about the whole week? Shane was home from work for 12 days straight. They close the plant every Christmas for nearly two weeks, and it made everything so much more special and less stressful!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and I hope your New Year brings you joy and happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment