Oh my word, it has been a rough weekend around here. Friday started out good, everyone was in a decent mood and Shane and I were talking about rearranging furniture. Joey has been so good about the stairs, and we haven't been latching the gate at the top of the stairs if we are keeping an eye on him. Bad idea. He zoomed over to the stairs, crawling, turned around and looked at me when I said to slow down and be careful (yeah, I know he doesn't have a clue what careful is). When he turned around, his right hand slipped on the top stair and he rolled all the way down. Thank goodness we have short stairs in our house, and I think we were very lucky that he rolled like he was going down a hill instead of head over heels. He is perfectly fine, just a little bump on the noggin. That gate is now being latched every single time, I wish we had thought about it before Joey fell though. I mean, he's only a year old, he doesn't have a clue what can happen if he isn't careful!
After that little trauma, we began rearranging the bedroom. As most of you know, Joey has been in his crib for months, but it has been attached to our bed. We have wanted him in his own crib for awhile now, but honestly, I like my sleep and I like not having to get out of bed to comfort him if he wakes up. But I know it needs to be done, because the all-night marathon nursing is not working. So, we are now weaning from night-nursing, and it is not going well. He only sleeps for about two hours on his own before he wants to comfort-nurse, and once I pick him up he wakes up more and doesn't always go back to sleep. It's hard on both of us, I know he is tired, but he just won't go back to sleep right away and I usually spend an hour or two rocking him. I really hope the books are right and he will stop waking up once he realizes he won't be nursed back to sleep.
To say the least, we are all a little sleep-deprived and cranky. Shane and I are both trying hard to be patient with each other and the pets, but sometimes we lose our cool. Wish us luck on this whole sleep thing.
And Sunday night was just the icing on top of my cranky cake - my Packers lost. Favre just couldn't relax and take his time, and ended up throwing an interception in overtime. Oh well, theres always next year. And hey, at least we did better than the Vikings.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment