Thursday, January 17, 2008

Well, I think I am now the mom of a toddler. He is walking more than crawling these days. Granted it's a very slow, wobbly walking, but he is on the move! At least at this pace I can catch him, soon he will be running and I am way too old and out of shape to run after him.

We have been to playgroup twice now, I think that's where he is picking up this walking business. He is the youngest in the group by about 6 months, and at this age thats quite a bit. Of course he is the same size or bigger than every kid there, but thats another story. Anyways, I think he watches these kids walk around and thinks 'hey, I can do that! how do I do that?'. I am really glad we are getting some playtime with other kids his age, even though he doesn't play much now, I think the interaction and socializing is good for him (and me). Every time he plays with older kids, I think he picks up a new skill, this time he is just determined to walk like everyone else.

The poor pets though, he just loves poking at their noses and ears, and following them around the house. He is having tons of fun walking after the cat, usually while trying to poke at her with one of those dangle cat toys on a stick. She enjoys it for awhile, and will bat at the toy and play, but then she starts to get a little feisty and has been known to nip his hand when shes had enough. Doesn't stop him though, I think he's used to it now.

We are still working on being gentle with the animals, he is starting to get it but only after I remind him. First he grabs Cleo's fur and pulls her to the ground, and then he will be gentle and pet her nicely. One step at a time I guess!

I hope you guys didn't come read my blog to be entertained, I am one boring mom today...

2 comments:

Becky said...

If you're too old & out of shape to chase a toddler, what does that make me? LOL
Glad to hear you both are liking the playgroup!

Granny said...

I am so glad that you can find the time to blog. I enjoy the info and pictures that you share. Yes, he is growing up way too fast for Granny too. Thank you for letting me spend Granny time with him each week. I can't express how much it means to me. It brings me back to a time when Shane was a little boy. (Yes, he was at one time.) Keep up the great work. It is the best full time job you will ever have & the time passes by so quick. Thanks for keeping us updated on the day to day. Love Granny