Dear Joey,
My baby boy is already a year old. I'm not ready for you to be 6 months old, much less a whole year! You are growing so quick, and it's strange for me to think about what things were like a year ago compared to now.
A year ago, you didn't do much besides eat, sleep, and fill diapers. You were content just to be held. These days I just about have to tie you down to get you to hold still! You are constantly on the go, crawling everywhere, and sometimes walking. A year ago, I could hardly keep my eyes open long enough to look at your perfect little face. Now you are sleeping through the night (mostly), and I feel a little more rested (I appreciate that, keep up the good work!) A year ago I was thrilled when you looked me in the eyes, or made a cute baby noise. These days you just don't keep quiet! Don't get me wrong hon, I love it. You are constantly pointing to whatever you can, and it sounds like you are saying 'dat' each time. We have to name everything for you, and you already know light, eat, food, nurse, doggy, kitty, more, yes, and-your least favorite word to hear-no. You are constantly jabbering away, saying 'gee' for doggy, 'tee' for kitty, and 'da-da'. You only say 'ma-ma' when you are having a tantrum and you want me. And, my word, do you throw tantrums sometimes! We call you our little stud, because you stiffen up like a 2x4 and just holler when you don't get your way. Although, for now, the tantrums don't last more than 30 seconds or so.
You love to play with Cleo, and she's getting used to it I think. You can be a little rough, well, really rough. You like to give her hugs by laying on her on the floor, or try to pick her up with two handfuls of fur. She's really not crazy about that last one, but she still comes to lay near you for more baby attention. Bran is not too fond of you, but he will let you pet him and grab his ears a bit. But whenever you get near his paws, he leaves. Poor dog is kinda sensitive about those paws.
You love to wrestle already, the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is start climbing over me so you can poke at your dad. Whenever one of us lays on the floor, you crawl as fast as your little body can go just to climb on our tummys. Your favorite time is when you and dad alternate giving my post-baby belly zerburts. You think it's absolutely hilarious when you blow on moms tummy! Of course, now that it's all stretched out, it's perfect for zerberts.
As much as I wish you weren't growing so fast, I am so excited for the coming year. I'm looking forward to playing outside with you this summer; you 'helping' us garden, playing in the pools and lakes, and taking you on walks to the park. Next fall teaching you how to jump in leaf piles. I can't wait until your next Christmas and birthday, when you will have a better understanding of what to do with those darn gifts! And taking you sledding, and being able to really play with you in the snow. There are so many things you have learned to do in the past year, but I know that's just the beginning. You are turning into a real little person, I hope we are teaching you to be kinder, more loving, and more understanding than we are. But I also hope we are teaching you to be strong, trusting, and tough. You are more wonderful than we had ever hoped for, and we love you so much.
Happy Birthday, sweetheart.
Love,
Mama
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Joey! :-)
Post a Comment